Wednesday, 15 January 2014

production log

Production log 


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
week 1. 23/12/13

This week me and Gareth was planning our storyboard which is the shots of the advert that we are going to create and film over the 2 weeks christmas holidays. After planning the storyboard, i had to find a venue that would let us use a bar because of our idea which involves a location of a bar. I phone the Brickyard and told them that i would need to use the bar area for my media project which was to make the chocolate advert, after they had agreed that it would be ok to film at the bar. A few days had passed and the Brickyard had contact me through email and said that won't be able to filming there anymore because of the booking of people made for party. I told gareth the situation and tried to call other bars and we had called a pub down chadwell heath called the White Horse pub. They said that it would be ok for us to film at the bar. When it came to the day of the filming at the bar, my brother had toild me that we couldnt use his sports car that we wanted in our advert. He had told me that we might not be able to use the car but only if i move the filming date to a another day.

week 2. 06/01/14

This week me and Gareth have filmed our chocolate advert and have looked over our footage and realised that the lighting within the background and in the scene in general is too dark and doesn't look clear enough. After me and Gareth had decided that we need to re shoot the scenes at the white horse pub. We had to also ask Rohini to come and help us re shoot the chocolate advert. We called into the white Horse pub and ask them if we could use the bar which is the area just need to re shoot for improvement of lighting.
The white horse had after told us that it would be ok for us to come back and re shoot the the advert which wasn't long at all. After Gareth and I had finished and looked over our footage of the re shoot of the chocolate advert and it turned out really good because the sound was much better than before, also the lightening was much better as well.

week 3. 13/01/14

This week Gareth and I have started to edit the footage and we have to narrow down the footage to exactly 30 seconds of the chocolate advert. The advert will have music playing in the background, transitions and graphics which will make the chocolate advert look good. Plus I will be recording my own voice for the voice over which will be at the end of the advert. The voice over I will be doing is going to be the slogan which will go right at the end of the advert. This week Gareth and I have made the footage to 30 second on the dot, we have also put in the sound and setting it on the right level volume.

week 4. 20/01/14

This week is the last week where Gareth and I have to finish off editing the chocolate advert, Gareth was working on the graphic because he knew how to use the software better than me, as Gareth was doing that I was looking for the right type music that would suit the style and convention of the chocolate advert. I had also had to put on the voice over of the slogan which goes on the advert towards the end. After 2 lesson and another 2 lesson to go Gareth and I had finished and brushed up on the advert to make it look good and professional as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment